Terms and Conditions
The Toscana Americana " Plein Air Austria" workshop period is for one week from Wednesday upon arrival and check-in in Innsbruck, Austria until the following Wednesday at the time of check-out unless arranged otherwise. Your specific arrival and departure dates shall be those which you have selected on your signed enrollment form.
Arrival and Departure
Participants are responsible for their own travel to and from Innsbruck.
Included in the Toscana Americana " Plein Air Austria" Price:
. Transfers from and to the airport to the assigned hotel.
• One week stay at an assigned hotel or hostel as selected and indicated on the signed workshop enrollment form.
• All sightseeing tours and field trips as specified in the Toscana Americana " Plein Air Austria" itinerary.
• All lunches and dinners unless a "no meals" plan is selected or unless otherwise noted in the Toscana Americana " Plein Air Austria" itinerary. Lunches may be chosen from lunch menu. Dinners are chosen from a prefix menu prepared for our guests. All lunches and dinners are group style.
• Wine and non-alcoholic beverages with lunches and dinners limited to selections prechosen by Toscana Americana. Drinks with lunch and dinner shall be considered as being ¼ liter of wine and ½ liter mineral water per person, per meal.
• All basic tips, including long distance coach drivers and guides, except where national regulations and supplier rules forbid. Participants should consider adding $1.00US per day for extra or exceptional service for all of the above personnel.
• Itinerary may be adjusted to accommodate seasonal openings and/or unexpected closing of attractions, restaurants, museums, etc.
Not Included in the Toscana Americana " Plein Air Austria" Price:
• Passport fees.
• Round trip transportation to/from guest's departure point in the USA. Airfare not included. Applicable taxes are not included in Published price.
Ground transportation and Transportation to/from Innsbruck.
• Excess baggage charges. See your air carrier rules.
• Liquor or distilled drinks.
• Entertainment or activities during scheduled free periods during days or evenings.
• Items of a personal nature, including, but not limited to, laundry, extra porterage, etc.
• Optional Baggage and Trip Cancellation Insurance; this is highly recommended.
• Additional courtesy tips for good service.
• U.S. Customs Charges upon return (on goods exceeding $400 per person at last notice).
• Telephone charges
• Supplementary maid service
Any other expenses, costs or charges not specified in the section titled "Included in the Toscana Americana " Plein Air Austria".
• Overnight lodging, meals, transportation, or missed travel services due to airline scheduling, misconnections, or delays.
Toscana Americana reserves the right to change accommodations and itinerary in the case of force majeure. The customer shall inform Toscana Americana in writing whether he chooses to withdraw or to benefit from the alternate package within and not after 2 days from receipt of the alternate proposal. Should the customer fail to accept any variations, Toscana Americana shall return only the sums of money received within 7 working days from receipt of the communication from the customer.
Single private rooms are based upon availability. Double occupancy available upon request and based on availability.
No un-enrolled person or persons may occupy or otherwise share a room or accommodations with enrolled guests/participants. Special permission may be granted with advance notice. If special permission is granted for an un-enrolled person or persons to share or occupy a guest room, the un-enrolled person or persons will be responsible for one-half the regular room rate. All Toscana Americana Workshops accommodations partners cooperate to enforce this position.
1. All prices are in United States dollars.
2. For reservations made more than two months prior to arrival date, a non-refundable deposit of US$250.00 per person is due with the enrollment form to secure the workshop period. The balance is due no less than 2 months before the arrival date.
3. For bookings made less than 2 months before the arrival date, the total workshop fee is due at the time of booking.
4. Upon receipt of the initial deposit you will receive a receipt/confirmation in writing.
5. Upon a receipt of your final payment 60 days to arrival, you will be sent a final receipt, directions to your accommodations, and any other information pertinent to your stay.
6. Please see explanations for Security Deposit and Refunds below.
Cancellation of Toscana Americana " Plein Air Austria" Workshop
This workshop is offered based on a minimum number of 8 participants. Toscana Americana may cancel this workshop if the minimum number of participants is not met 60 days prior to the intended start date of each workshop. In this case alternate dates may be offered or a full refund of monies paid.
Cancellation and Refunds
CANCELLATION ONCE FULL FINAL PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE: Any cancellation notification must be made in writing to Toscana Americana in writing. Less than 60 days to workshop, 50% of the enrollment fee is forfeited unless we are able to enroll another participant in the workshop. If another participant is enrolled, your full payment will be refunded once new re-booking of the workshop is confirmed. Please be advised that it is extremely difficult to re-book the Workshop once a cancellation is made within the 60 days prior to arrival date. Notification of cancellation must be in writing.
No refunds are given for any unused portion of the workshop program, itinerary, or services described.
Damages & Charges
Guests are required to act in a responsible manner at all times. The client is responsible for ensuring that the property is left upon departure in the same general condition and repair as on arrival. Toscana Americana reserves the right to recover from clients the cost of any loss or damage caused by a failure to respect the property, fixtures, or fittings. Toscana Americana reserves the right to recover from clients the cost of excessive use of the
telephone. Clients are required to use their long- distance calling cards or credit cards when placing long-distance calls. Low rate per minute international calling cards are available locally.
Insurance is not provided. You are strongly advised to make the necessary arrangements with a reliable insurance company to cover all stages of the holiday including flight or transport cancellations as well as for cancellation of the group tour booking. Your travel agent should be able to help you with this.
We cannot be held responsible for events beyond our control such as breakdowns, leaks, power cuts, water shortages, floods, storm damage, strikes or force majeure deposit. We will do our best to resolve any complaints to the best of our ability.
We cannot accept liability for fortuitous events such as acts of God or war, riots or civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, adverse weather conditions, or consequences of any person during the course of the holiday stay. Toscana Americana shall not be held responsible in any way for any damage caused by or to travelers or customers if they do not undertake or complete their journey, nor for any contretemps during the journey due to delays, breakdowns or failure of the means of transport, nor illness, bad weather, strikes nor for any other reason due to force majeure.
These conditions must be accepted by all members of the group tour party. We can not reduce or waive these terms in the event of circumstances beyond control such as illness, injury or death, flight cancellations, war, civil uprisings, terrorist attacks, labor strikes, earthquakes, floods, storm damage or force majeure. If, for reasons beyond our control, we are forced to cancel the booking, we will do our best to find a suitable alternative rental property or rental period.
A note to Participants
Please understand that many of the conveniences, which we accept as normal in the USA and some other countries, are not always as readily available in rural Austria. It is very important to bring with you all medications and prescriptions. Your needs may be difficult to meet in another country.
Electricity in Austria is 230 Volts, alternating at 50 cycles per second. If you travel to Austria with a device that does not accept 230 Volts at 50 Hertz, you will need a voltage converter.
We suggest you bring your own electrical adapters.
You may experience a power or telephone outage during a storm or other related interference, which is fairly normal. Please understand that these occurrences are totally out of our control and that we cannot make refunds due to happenings such as these during your stay. Generally the outages are for short periods of time and will not result in any major inconvenience.
All day trips require walking. Streets in the towns are usually sloped and paved with chiseled stones. Comfortable
walking shoes are recommended along with a variety of clothing for various weather conditions. Anticipate warm days and cools nights.